Aloe gel has been used for many purposes since the ancient Egyptians called it the “plant of immortality.” Since then, its uses have become more targeted and medicinal, and it's one of the leading therapies for sunburns.
Aloe Vera gel is a cactus plant that belongs to the Liliaceae family. It grows in dry climates such as those found in parts of Africa and India and has been used medicinally for centuries.
Aloe leaves secrete a clear gel that when broken off from the rest of the plant that can be applied topically to heal wounds and soothe skin.
Various studies have been conducted to examine the benefits of the Aloe Vera plant and it was found out that Aloe Vera does in fact have several properties that are effective in treating a variety of skin conditions, from flaky or dry skin, cosmetic ailments, hair and scalp problems to many more.
It is also said to be useful in treating wounds and burns, minor skin infections, and shows some promise in treating more serious and persistent conditions such as eczema, genital herpes, dandruff, psoriasis, canker sores, skin ulcers and others, according to the Mayo Clinic.
1. Here are 5 benefits of using aloe Vera gel: It treats sunburn. Aloe Vera helps with sunburn through its powerful healing activity at the epithelial level of the skin, a layer of cells that cover the body. It acts as a protective layer on the skin and helps replenish its moisture. Because of its nutritional qualities and antioxidant properties, the skin heals quicker.
2. It acts as a moisturizer. Aloe moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy feel, so it`s perfect for anyone with an oily skin complexion. For women who use mineral-based make-up, aloe Vera acts as a moisturizer and is great for the face prior to the application to prevent skin drying. For men: Aloe Vera gel can be used as an aftershave treatment as its healing properties can treat small cuts caused by shaving.
3. It treats acne. Aloe Vera gel contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin in aloe Vera acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells. It allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring. Aloe is soothing and can reduce skin inflammations, blistering and itchiness, while helping the skin to heal more rapidly. Additionally, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema.
4. It fights aging. As we age, everyone begins to worry about the appearance of fine lines and the loss of elasticity in their skin. Aloe leaves contain a plethora of antioxidants including, beta carotene, vitamin C and E that can help improve the skin's natural firmness and keep the skin hydrated.
5. It lessens the visibility of stretch marks. The skin is like one big piece of elastic that expands and contracts as needed to accommodate growth. But if the skin stretches too far, too fast (due to pregnancy, rapid weight gain or loss) the elasticity of the skin can be damaged. That’s what leaves those unsightly stretch marks. These marks appear due to minor tears in the layers of the skin caused by sudden and excessive stretching. Aloe Vera gel can help hide these stretch marks by healing these wounds.
The subject of much controversy, fear, and patents – stem cells are emerging as a clinically proven, result driven cosmeceutical agent in the personal care industry. Plant stem cells are only used in limited products at this time. One of the theories of aging is Hayflick's aging theory, which states that stem cells have a limited capacity to replicate. As this limit approaches, the stem cells age and die, due to their inability to perform in the usual manner. If we can slow that rate, and keep the stem cells functioning, it will slow the aging process. Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that can replicate to become identical copies of themselves or differentiate to become specific cells of certain organs and tissues. The epidermis (your skin) is an organ that has a 27-day renewal process. So, keeping the vitality of the stem cells of the epidermis means that skin can renew and revitalize its appearance every 27 days. It is also an important part of the repair process if skin is damaged. As the stem cells age, they become less in number, and less active, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles. The stem cells are found in the basal layer of the epidermis, it is important that the formula ensures delivery to the exact layer. Only small amounts of stem cells are necessary to reach the basal cell layer.
Apple Stem Cells: The stem cells of a rare apple tree are cultivated for its extraordinary longevity and shows an ability to rejuvenate aging skin. By stimulating aging skin stem cells, these stem cells have been shown to lessen the appearance of unsightly wrinkles. In addition, it’s healing properties will help renew the skin, such as blemishes, stretch marks, etc.
Orchid Stem Cells: Orchistem is derived from stem cells of the Calanthe discolor orchid native to Japan, which communicates with adipose derived stem cells encouraging the secretion of growth factors to stimulate the synthesis of collagen and elastin. In vivo it shows impressive results in reducing jawline volume for a sculpting effect and reduces the ‘droop’ of eyelids for a more open eyed and refreshed look.
To emphasis the ‘connected’ communication angle, Orchistem is claimed to be the first cosmetic ingredient with its own Instagram account! Communication is essential. The optimal functioning of our skin also depends on good intercellular communication, which is altered with age and is one of the factors associated with ageing. Orchistem stimulates adipose tissue-derived stem cells for them to produce a secretome rich in growth factors.
This secretome is full of growth factors for the fibroblasts to increase their production of elastin and collagen and their migration and proliferation. Orchistem are orchid stem cells from the Calanthe discolour plant, an orchid native to Japan.
Several in vitro tests confirmed that cellular communication among stem cells of Orchistem, skin stem cells and fibroblasts, resulted in an increase in the production of collagen and elastin. Two in vivo studies were conducted in order to check the efficacy of Orchistem on the skin.
Honeyskin Aloe Gel with stem cell is the best of all worlds, and one adds to the other, by adding the Manuka honey it is the perfect product for any type of damaged skin anywhere! We are excited about this product think it is one of the most innovative products we have formulated to date.