5 Tips to Get Smoother, Softer, and More Kissable Lips
Have you ever been drawn to someone and couldn't take your gaze away from their lips? I'm not talking about someone who has a cute accent or talks with perfect diction. Those things probably help them become attractive, but it's really their perfectly smooth and soft lips that grab your attention. You will be puckering your lips up in no time by following these tips to get smoother, softer, and more kissable lips:
1. Exfoliate using a Lip Scrub
Lip scrubs are designed to exfoliate your lips to get and remove dead skin cells. Lip Scrubs are different from body scrubs as they are clinically formulated for one of the most vulnerable skins on your body – your lips. Before you start using lip scrubs, there are a few things to consider: (1) Don’t exfoliate more than twice a week. Start with once a week so you avoid irritating your lips. (2) Be careful not to scrub too hard or use harsh ingredients to prevent irritation.
Just imagine your lips feeling softer, smoother, and more kissable. Now, you can have it all with the Honeyskin Collection of Lip Exfoliating Scrubs.
- Cherry Honey Lip Exfoliating Scrub is formulated with high-quality fair-trade sweet sugar, invigorating peppermint oil, and cocoa seed butter for satin-smooth, fuller-looking lips. You will love the plumping effect of our Lip Exfoliating Scrub while enjoying its Cherry Honey flavor.
- Honey Rosé Lip Exfoliating Scrub is formulated with high-quality ingredients including fine sugar and Jojoba, Olive, and Peppermint Oils for healthier, fuller-looking lips. You will love the plumping effect of our Lip Exfoliating Scrub while enjoying its Honey Rose flavor.
- Peppermint Lip Exfoliating Scrub is formulated with sweet sugar and invigorating peppermint oil for satin-smooth, fuller-looking lips. You will love the plumping effect of Peppermint Lip Scrub while enjoying its minty luscious taste.
Each lip scrub is designed to:
- Soften, moisten, and plump lips with one application;
- Exfoliate dead skin cells and lips impurities;
- Soothe and relieve dry, dull, and chapped lips;
- Nourish and hydrate to achieve softer and smoother lips; and
- Keep lips clean, kissable, and healthy.
To use a lip scrub, simply spread a small amount of your chosen lip scrub on your lips using one finger. Gently exfoliate by rubbing your lips together. After around 30 seconds, check your lips. If your lips look and feel better than before, wash off any remaining scrub with water. Now, you're on your way to soft, smooth, and hydrated lips!
2. Hydrate, protect and moisturize your lips
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, unlike the rest of your skin, lips tend to dry out and become chapped easily since they do not contain oil glands. Drink lots of water to keep your lips from drying out, and avoid licking your lips, which also saps moisture.
Lips receive a lot of sun exposure – particularly the bottom lip. That means they are a common spot for skin cancers. So it’s SUPER IMPORTANT that your daytime lip product includes an SPF 15 or higher sunscreen. And yes, you still need to protect your lips, and the rest of your skin, even if you are wearing a mask! At night, switch to a moisturizing product to help combat nighttime dryness.
3. Apply lip balm before bedtime and in the morning.
It's important to keep your lips moisturized at all times. Applying lip balm before you sleep is particularly effective because your lips have time to absorb the product while you sleep. If you apply a moisturizing lip balm in the morning, too, it will help keep your lips soft throughout the day and prevent them from getting dry again after eating or drinking something that dries out your mouth like coffee.
Use a hydrating formula with SPF as well as antioxidants such as vitamin E, which can also protect against free radical damage when exposed to the sun or cigarette smoke—two things we don't typically associate with causing aging effects on our skin but do cause changes over time. You may also want to look for hyaluronic acid or aloe vera in any new product because these ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe irritated skin (which could be part of why some people find them useful for acne treatment).
4. Avoid carbonated beverages, coffee, or tea.
Avoid carbonated beverages, coffee, or tea. These drinks can dry out your lips, making them chapped and flaky. Instead of softening your lips with these drinks, they will actually make them more susceptible to being chapped and flaky.
Drink water instead. Water is very essential to every part of our body, including our skin! Drinking water helps keep the skin hydrated and fresh while also helping you maintain a healthy body weight!
5. Use a humidifier at home and at work to keep your lips moist and smooth.
A humidifier is a good tool for those who want their lips to feel more kissable. These devices release moisture into the air and can be used in bedrooms, living rooms, and offices. They are easy to use: just fill them with water and turn them on! Humidifiers are especially useful for anyone who lives in dry climates or has low humidity levels.
You can use these devices year-round—but they're especially useful during the winter months when you may need extra moisture to keep your skin from getting too dry.
There are many things you can do to take better care of your lips. It all starts by being mindful of what you put on them. From lip scrubs to lip balm, every product has an impact. You also need to pay attention to what you put in your body because the things you eat and drink affect your lips, too. The good news is that it takes very little effort to keep your lips moist and soft at home or while traveling. All you have to do is scrub them regularly and use lip balm before bedtime (and maybe even at work). Of course, these tips don’t guarantee a kiss from someone special —but they will certainly help!
Beauty can be fun, and here at Honeyskin, we want you to experience it in all of its glory with our collection of skincare products. From lip scrubs to face and body creams, we have everything you need to help you achieve not only smoother, softer, and more kissable lips, but also healthy, radiant skin.
Leave a Comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published.